Your health insurance policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company. Payment of benefits is subject to a member’s eligibility on the date service was rendered and to any other contractual provisions of your employer’s plan. We are contracted with most major insurance carriers. Please check with our office to verify that the plan you have is one we accept.
Remember, your insurance carrier makes the decisions as to what is covered and what will not be covered.
Please be prepared to provide our front desk with the following information so that we may submit your claims accurately.
Remember to bring your:
- Current insurance cards
- Driver’s License
- Primary Care referral (if required by your insurance)
- Your current pair(s) of eyeglasses
- List of all medications (including non-prescription) you use, as these may be contributing or hindering eye health.
Health vs Vision Insurance
Understanding the difference between which insurance is needed for your visit can be confusing. Click here for a better understanding. Of course, our staff is here to answer any further questions.
Fees and Payments
At Advanced Eye Care & Aesthetics we are committed to providing the highest quality eye care at a reasonable price. To assist us in meeting this goal, please be prepared to pay all office co-pays and non-covered services at the time of your appointment. Self-pay patients are required to pay in full at the time of service.
Methods of Payment
Advanced Eye Care & Aesthetics accepts the following forms of payment at the time of your visit.
- Personal check
- American Express
- Care Credit
If you require assistance on your account, please contact the office.
Current Insurance Participation
** Insurance list are subject to change and may not include every single carrier we accept. We encourage you to give us a call to confirm your insurance with us before making an appointment. Insurance list is subject to change.
- Aetna Vision
- Allegeant (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center)
- American Postal Worker
- American Workers Insurance
- Anthem BCBC
- Bankers Life
- Blue Choice HMO (referral from PCP required if open access is not listed on the card)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Carefirst Advantage Plan (ONLY with ID# starting with MD)
- Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Cigna Health Springs (NOT total care)
- Cigna Vision
- Davis Vision
- Electrical Welfare Trust Fund
- Electrical Workers Fund
- FEP Blue Cross Blue Shield
- FEP Blue Vision
- Humana Vision
- Humana Medicare Advantage (out of network)
- Johns Hopkins EHP Vision
- Johns Hopkins EHP
- Johns Hopkins US Family Health (referral from PCP required)
- Medicare MD
- Meritain Health
- Mutual of Omaha
- National Vision Administrators (NVA)
- Omaha Insurance CO
- Railroad Medicare
- Spectera Vision
- Teamsters Local
- Tricare For Life
- United Health Care
- United Health Care Community Plan
- United Health Care Community Plan-Medicaid
- United Health Care Optimum Choice (referral from PCP required)
- United Health Care MDIPA (referral from PCP required)
- University of Maryland Advantage Plan
- Vision Benefits of America (VBA)
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)