Even though LASIK has provided millions of people will clear, hassle-free vision, not everyone is a fully qualified candidate. Dr. Feulner at Advanced Eye Care in Bel Air will only recommend LASIK for the very best candidates.
In order to be qualified for LASIK, patients must meet the following requirements:
- Nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism
- Over the age of 18
- Vision has been stable for 2-3 years
- No current eye problems
- No health issues that may affect the eyes
If you have determined that you meet the above basic LASIK requirements, you can take the LASIK Self Test to further determine your candidacy for LASIK laser vision correction. Each set of eyes is unique and that it is why it is extremely important to have your eyes examined by a board-certified ophthalmologist and experience LASIK surgeon.
During your LASIK evaluation you will undergo the following tests to determine your candidacy:
- Measurement of corneal thickness
- Complete review of overall eye health
- Measurement of prescription for refractive errors
- Custom LASIK measurement for higher order aberrations
- Dry eye test
- Dilation of the eye to view the retina
- Glasses and contact lens history review
- Measurement of pupil size
After Dr. Feulner has completed the LASIK evaluation exam she will be able to determine if you are a strong candidate for LASIK. If for some reason, you are not a strong LASIK candidate, she will recommend another possible vision correction offered at Advanced Eye Care.